Exercise benefits both the physical and psychological well-being of people with Parkinson’s disease. Because Parkinson’s disease affects a person’s ability to move, exercise helps to keep muscles strong and to improve flexibility and mobility. Exercise does not stop the disease from progressing; however, it improves balance, helping people overcome gait problems and strengthen the muscles that aid in swallowing and speaking. Also, exercise can prevent some of the secondary long-term complications of Parkinson’s disease such as stiffening of the joints. Patients also receive the emotional satisfaction of feeling they have accomplished something.
运动对帕金森病患者的心健康都有非常大的益处。由于帕金森病影响到一个人的行动能力,所以经常运动,有助于保持肌肉强劲,以提高其灵活性和机动 性。运动疗法并不能停止帕金森疾病的进展,但它能改善的平衡,帮助人们克服无法行走的问题,以及改善吞咽和说话能力。此外,运动可以防止一些帕金森氏症所 带来的长期并发症的,如关节僵化。病人如果能够自理做完一些事情,他们的心情就会变得很愉快。
Check with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. Your doctor might make recommendations about:
在进行任何运行计划之前,最好与你的医生确认一下。一般来说,你的医生会给出如下一建议:
- The types of exercise best suited to you and those that you should avoid
你最适合的运动,以及应该避免的运动。
- The intensity of the workout (how hard you should be working)
运动的强度(即使你认为非常困难,也应该照做)
- The duration of your workout and any physical limitations
运动执续时间和体力限制。
- Referrals to other professionals, such as a physical therapist, who can help you create your own personal exercise program
接受其他专家的建议。例如:物理治疗师可以帮助你创建你的个人锻炼计划。
最好的锻炼方案,取决于你的症状、健康水平以及整体状态。一般来说,鼓励进行全面、彻底的四肢伸展运动。有移动障碍的患者,物理治疗师可以帮其定制一份合适的运动计划。最后需要注意的是,当于你有一个美好的开端的时候,一定要注意循序渐进,慢慢来。
Tips for exercise:
运动小技巧:
- Always warm-up before beginning your exercise routine and cool down at the end.
每次运动之前,一定要进行热身运动;完成日常运动之后,要进行放松和休息。
- If you plan to work out for 30 minutes, start with 10-minute sessions and work your way up.
如果你计划锻炼 30 分钟,那么在 10 分钟的时候,应该检查一下自己的状态,确认能否继续。
- Exercise your facial muscles, jaw, and voice when possible:
在尽可能的情况下,锻炼你的下巴、面部肌肉和说话能力。
- Sing or read aloud, exaggerating your lip movements.
大声唱歌或朗读,使嘴唇做夸大的运动。
- Make faces in the mirror.
对着镜子做鬼脸。
- Chew food vigorously, avoid swallowing large pieces. Instead, chew each piece for at least 20 seconds.
用力咀嚼食物,避免直接吞咽大块食物。每块食物至少要咀嚼 20 秒以上。
- Try water exercise, such as aqua aerobics. These are often easier on the joints and require less balance.
试试水中有氧运动。例如水中健美。这些能改善关节的平衡性。
- Work out in a safe environment. Avoid slippery floors, poor lighting, throw rugs, and other potential dangers.
在安全的环境下进行锻炼。避免湿滑的地板、昏暗的光线、易摔的地毯以及其他潜在的危险。
- If you have difficulty balancing, exercise within reach of a grab bar or rail. If you have trouble standing or getting up, try exercising in bed rather than on the floor or an exercise mat.
如果你平衡能力差,运动时记得抓住扶手。如果你站立困难或无法起床,可以试着在床上运动,不要在地板或地垫上锻炼。
- If at any time you feel sick or you begin to hurt, STOP.
锻炼过程中,一旦感觉到不适或伤痛,立即停止。
- Most of all, select a hobby or activity you enjoy and will keep doing.
最重要的是,选择一种你感兴趣的方式,并且,坚持下去。
- Some suggestions include:
一些建议:
- Gardening 园艺
- Walking散步
- Swimming 游泳
- Water Aerobics水中有氧运动
- Yoga 瑜伽
- Tai Chi 太极
沒有留言:
張貼留言